Tuesday, June 22, 2004

It still doesn't smell like a new car...

Sunday we gave the RAV a good cleaning. I think the last time that we did that it was last summer. The inside got a good vacuum and wipe-down and the outside was scrubbed down, even the tires got a clean and soon silver shiny cleaner stuff on them.
The inside is very nice to get into now, looks good and doesn't smell faintly of rotting food :) . The outside however looks about the same due to the numerous dents, scratches, and chips on it. There is only one bad scratch and the rest are just barely noticable, but enought to make the vehicle look no so new. I personally drive a vehicle like that with honor, as to me is shows that we use like a SUV should be used. Slowing down on gravel roads because stuff might get a little chipped is not an option.
Did I mention we love our car, its just 3K shy of 100K (we have had it 2.5 years) and the only "work" thats ever been done is new brakes (the old ones wore out) and new summer tires (the OEM all seasons wore out as well). And believe me we a no Sunday drivers, even with Maya. I do wish it had a little more power, but maybe some day down the road I can get a couple of performance mods added to it.

No comments: