Monday, January 12, 2009

Not so Well......

I have been ill for about two weeks. Two weeks of sitting on my bum, ( which is really rather painful due to the lack of SQ tissue), reading, watching movies and television, endless hours of Internet, many baths.... it was ..well actually as I am writing it sounds rather bliss full but at the time, believe you me it was rather hellish.

Initially it was a bloated feeling, then some nausea, with a liberal dusting of extreme fatigue. I had a sharp pain in my pelvic region so of course I had the fear. Then I had menstrual cramps, then I got some gastro with vomiting and diarrhea. Which I think was a good thing. All cleaned out now.

Now the problem with me getting sick is I don't take it so well. I'm not the usual hero nurse who just keeps on going, I am overally dramatic and I do think I have a terminal disease. I can't even think rationally about my own illness. I become a bumbling idiot- one of those people who can't string together a history in emergency. Which is where I went. My mind just kept on going on paths it shouldn't travel and frankly I felt like death so I had to go... twice. Bottom line is I didn't have anything acute but am vitiam B 12 deficient, and the fear wasn't a ectopic pregnancy but a hernia. So I have an appointment to see a surgeon. Yippee!

Ever has not been himself either- vomiting, diarrhea, not eating thus he has been nursing alot. That in combination with my limited intake means even though I have not been running I lost even more weight. My pants supply just got even smaller as my pants have gotten bigger.

No comments: