Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Job Update

I haven't updated on job stuff in a while so I thought I should.
I have had at least 1 interview that I haven't blogged about I think, but I didn't get the job anyway. There was a job in the paper last week that I just applied for, but other than that opportunities have been scarce.
I haven't just been looking in papers obviously, but I haven't had any leads anywhere and none of my contacts in various places have worked out either.
Recently I met with an employment agent (a service that the HRDC provides) and verified that I really was doing all I could to find employment in my field in the area, though she did give me a couple of idea that I am pursuing. One of which is self employment. The government gives you EI while you take a business development course and create a business plan. I am plan on doing this and seeing if a running a computer shop in the area is feasible. We will see if it will happen, but at the very least it will be very interesting to learn about.

No comments: