Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Grandma

Monday morning at 3am my Grandma, my Dad's mother, passed away. It was very peaceful and expected and the family was there. Margaret Bellamy had been in a nursing home for years and been without sight for most of that time, she got pneumonia (I think) and wasn't able to recover, she was in her 90's. My Mother was sitting with her when she died and had been reading Psalms from the bible to her that evening. She seemed to be mentally alert right until the end, but had decided it was time to go.
It was been somewhat overshadowed in our house due to Anne's father's injury, but today is the visitation and tomorrow the funeral so we can concentrate on her. It will be my first experience as a pall bearer, so that will be interesting.
The last few days have been busy, that's for sure.

No comments: