Friday, January 02, 2004

Its something I hardly ever do but I watched TV almost all day yesterday. Why? Well Speed TV had rally racing on all day and so I watched as much as I could. Overall I found it very enjoyable and will probably do the same thing next year.
However I have a couple of nits to pick. 1) The stupid "Speed TV Rally-thon" logo in the bottom right of the screen covered a lot of important info about the cars. Such as speed and times. ARG!! 2) because its an american view of the races I found the commentary boring and to technical, I really wish they would just rebroadcast the euro airings.
Other than that it was great. Unfortunately this year there weren't really any huge spectacular crashes or anything. The most exciting one was a car that caught fire and rolled into a ditch (after the hand brake burned out) and burned out ten acres of land. Another car snapped a tree in half that they hit, that was kinda nasty I guess. Other than that I was interested to see how the drivers got to the top of the leaderboard and how emotional they were etc. The sense of speed you get watching these cars on public roads is very satisfying, espeically on the tarmac races.
So anyway this definitely go me revved up for possible going to that rally in Pennsylvania in June.

No comments: