Friday, November 14, 2003

So Wednesday night we had our second prenatal class. This one was more interesting than the last one for a couple of reasons. One reason was that there was a video to watch and the second was other peoples reactions to various things.
The video was funny because for the first three quarters of it while going through the different stages of labour it was obviously trying to avoid having any "private parts" of the women shown, but then in the last quarter (where the actual births take place) of it had all sorts of boobs and vaginas showing in all sorts of stages of birth. I was alright with this as it all was in the appropriate context but hearing a bunch of married people and other expecting mothers giggle like nervous school kids was really funny. Seriously, what did they expect to see?
Anyway, nothing like seeing a head pop out of some woman's vagina and stuff squirting all over the place to sober you up to the reality that its going to happen to you soon. And where the heck to they find the couples for these things? Why do they have to be soo ugly! I am sure good looking women can give birth too!
I think I am going to be just fine during the actual event as I am not squeamish about that type of stuff and the video didn't make me feel woozy or anything. I think one of my friends that was there with his wife though may have a bit of trouble judging from his reaction. :)
Anne was not impressed with the way the class was taught either, as she knew there was a lot of information being left out. Plus we got to leave a half-hour early.

No comments: