Friday, December 13, 2013

The benifits of being a puplic sector worker

At the hospital I work we pay into a  recreation committee, which acts to fund employee sympathy and birth gifts. As well as the annual Christmas party. To put plainly we pay for our own party. My friends will talk of the 'company party', and Christmas bonuses, and how would I respond......?

Well I get a frozen turkey.

Yep, the hospital board always found money in the budget to give employee's a turkey, and I have always been grateful for that little show of thanks.

This year there has been no mention of a turkey.
No Turkey.

Sadness

1 comment:

robi ayles said...

We paid for ours too. The last time I got a Christmas "bonus" was when I worked on Manitoulin. And, even better, occasional teachers don't get paid over holidays.