Thursday, March 28, 2013

Magic 8 Ball Does Hamilton



2013-2:38:42- Ran with a friend.
2012- 2:54:51- Paced a friend to sub three.
2011- 2:25:20- Raced.
2010- 2:37:04- Tried to race- crashed.
2009- 2:31:27- First timers luck.


The reason to train long in Canadian winter is this- Around the Bay 30k. Of course I didn't train. I did the opposite of train. I did alot of sitting doing nothing this winter. Seriously when my monthly mileage is around 50k- I am really doing nothing.

My prep for this race was:
-20k x1.
- A 10k leisure run in the morning. 15k collecting bottles in the afternoon. This was a week before the race.

I would like to say I have been cross training, but I do not think Yoga once a week cuts it.

My plan for this race which was formulated on the start line way back in the open coral. I bought a bib of a friend who trained even less than me. I decided to run the first 15k with my faster friends kinda. We ran together in the general vicinity of each other but I had music on and was doing my dance and sing along party of one.
At 15k I waited with a friend doing the relay and watched for a friend who I told had to go sub 2:45. I was looking forward to a leisurely wait and break. Nope, she came along quickly and I jumped back in and spent the next 15k trying to keep up with her. She had trained.
Had fun in my costume- I was a magic 8 ball with the words definitely yes on my back.  I kept saying to people they didn't want to get behind the ball.
I am definitely an abnormality as I take in so few calories. Just two gels. but I honestly didn't feel as if I needed anything else. I only actually thought to take them as I saw wrappers on the ground.
I used to say never again, but now ATB has become kinda a habit, and I think I could have far worse habits, although I really have got to work on the training thing, espicilly since I am doing 42.195 in six weeks. It would be nice to Boston it. Yep really got to start working on the training thing.... soon.

No comments: