Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Feed Zone




One of the blogs I stalk and have a minor girl crash on, errr follow mentioned a cookbook, and amazingly while making an amazon purchase to capitalize on a sale cause I am poor I remembered said cookbook and bought it. I have a minor cookbook addiction as well so it would have eventually made it into this house, most likely in 30 years from a garage sale.

The Feed Zone is mainly geared towards cyclists, but I wanted the fast healthy feature. As well I recently realised that I run really well long on power bar type things. BUT they get expensive at $2-3 ( Well the ones I like) In addiction, we are sick to death of feeding the kids lunches so here was hoping for ideas. As a side note, our kids are not those super picky eaters who come home having ate nothing. They eat.

Flipping through I see a ton of meat, which is minor issue as in,  I hate buying it. Where was the dead animal raised? What was it fed? How did it die,  where was it processed. I start feeling guilty for the cost to the world to produce meat etc. etc.
Also a lot of rice. Need a rice cooker, and a juicer. Not to make juice, but for the vegetable pulp.

Anyways made Cashew bacon bars. Very yummy. So yummy Luke fed them to the kids for dinner a night I was at work.

Which brings us to another issue. Allergies. I may ask my kids to be segregated, or at least eat their lunches at the curb. They can be the bad kids, not smoking,  but eating NUTS.

1 comment:

Alanna Rusnak said...

Ha! A Nut-Section? I love it!!!