Monday, July 12, 2010

Kincardine Womans Triathlon


Results 2008 Duethlon- 5th Overall. First Age Group.
Results 2010 TRIATHLON- 5th Overall . First Age Group.

I did it. I successfully bridged the gap between the du and the tri. Well for this race anyways!

I started the race with no butterflies and few expectations. I wanted to beat my swim time over last year- which I did. I still see way more room for improvement. I did have a few panic moments out there, but overall I was blissed about my time.

The rest of the race went so smooth. Once I was into the shallows of the Lake Huron I did not have anybody pass me the entire race. Sure the race is made up of alot of beginner triathletes on mountain bikes but surly I thought somebody would pass me on the bike from the du. For the first time in a race I have felt the limits of my Devinci, potentially I could feel the engine wanting to go but the body couldn't follow through.
I had a little mix up at the dismount line as I completely forgot what to do. I though that you had to dismount after the line but in reality you have to before. HMmm I was just so focused on trying to to a proper dismount I missed out on the basics.
Run felt fine- for a girl who is used to running long 3k is like a joke, especially if it is blissfully flat. As the race is a out and back I was able to see my competition on their return. Looking at the girls ahead of me I took a glace at the them and determined their age..thus I thought their were four girls ahead of me in my age group. I also thought the age groups went in ten rather than five year increments. BUT I was OK being fourth in my AG, I knew I had beat my swim goal time so I was all good. At the finish line people were saying I had won my age group but of course I do not listen until the results are posted and I can see for my own eyes. In fact I will not even let people tell me I must look. Overall really pleased- improved my swim time by a minute and a half!, My bike time combined with a transition was up to 29k/hr.

I was also really impressed with the Saugeen Triathlon Clubs performance- in fact the winner is a 45 year old from our club!! We dominated... in fact I did so well I wonder if I should even do the race next year? Can I do better than 5th? Can I beat my time? Should I let other people get on the podium. I did what I intended... ok I did have one little expectation... to podium.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

West Grey Runner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
West Grey Runner said...

Wow , 1st in AG and 5th overall...congratulations!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.payloansonline.com]cash advance loans[/url]
This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

[url=http://www.prweb.com/releases/natox/review/prweb10271656.htm]Natox[/url]