Sunday, November 09, 2008

Ode to Toast

One of the things I never understood about Luke was why he liked toast. He would happily eat endless meals of toast and tea if I wasn't around to feed him.
Perhaps I thought it was gross cause growing up i'm sure my mother purchased the cheapest whitest bread around which i'm sure tasted gross. Perhaps it is beacuse it seems boring. Or perhaps it is because there is no sugar involved that cause me to turn my nose up at toast.

However now I see the light.
I do not how this liking of toast with a smig of butter came to be. Perhaps curiously finally got me, or perhaps laziness did, or perhaps it is truly amazing bread that isn't 99cents loaf.

In any case I now see myself as a statistic in the form of how many pounds of butter I eat a year.

No comments: