Thursday, January 27, 2005

Swish, Swish

Anne and I went skiing last night. I think it was Annes second time this year but it was my first. It was a great night to be out on the slopes as the weather was clear and it was cold, but not too cold. The only downer was they had a lot of snow guns going which totally iced my goggles at one point.
I always surprise myself on my first run every year was it feels like I never stopped; I can zoom around, stop and hit jumps just like I always can. Very pleasing.
Anne's parents met us at the lodge and looked after Maya why we went out. They left about 9ish and we took a turn each after that.
Maya loves to run around in the open spaces and go up and down the stairs there and so was suprememly happy with the situation. She is quite similar to the energizer bunny in stamina I think. It was also funny that they guy who works at the bar remember her from last year when I would carry her in my arms and watch hockey while Anne skied and Maya slept.
We are planning on putting her on skis next year to see how she does, that will be a lot of fun.

No comments: