Monday, December 13, 2004

So very tired....

So Anne worked nights all weekend for the first time since we had Maya. Some of the fun I had the first night she worked can be found here.
Maya was quite bad the first night. She went to sleep at about 10:30 but woke up when I went to bed at 1:30 and it took about 30 minutes to get her back to sleep. Then she woke up at 3:30 am and cried for about half and hour and then decide she wanted to be awake. It was 5am before she got back to sleep again. She woke up briefly about 3 times before Anne (and more importantly, her breasts) was home at 8am. We sleep until about 10am and them Maya decided to wake up fully and start to play. So I dragged myself up and got Maya and I breakfast and then went to Owen Sound to do some shopping.
She was better Sunday and Monday nights, as she only woke up every 2 or so hours for a few minutes at a time. But I think that's becase I gave her Tylenol before bed. She also won't go back to sleep unless I let her sleep on my chest and I can only move her once she is sleeping deeply. Needless to say I spend most of the night asleep with her on my chest.
Overall I think she is getting better and after a couple of more weekends of nights she will be fine.

No comments: